In the spirit of National Public Health Week, and today being World Health Day, we have some tips from the CDC on how to have a healthy Spring season that will build you up for a healthy life in general. While a few of these are self-explanatory, it never hurts to be reminded of the basics.
- Exercise! If you can’t exercise, then at least try to sit less and move more throughout the day.
- Make lifestyle changes to your diet to have healthy fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and leaner meats/dairy.
- Drink more water and less alcohol or sugary drinks.
- Prioritize quality sleep.
- Protect yourself from the sun. This is not just about sunscreen, but also about eye protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- Keep your smile healthy. You should be brushing your teeth twice a day and using fluoride toothpaste to do it!
- Quit tobacco (or other unhealthy addictions!).
- Learn about your extended health history- have a thorough recount of all pertinent biological family histories of cancers and other conditions.
For more information on National Public Health Week please visit http://www.nphw.org/
For more information on World Health Day please visit https://www.who.int/campaigns/world-health-day/2021
If you need care, our urgent cares are here to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer flu shots, flu tests, as well as COVID-19 testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!