COVID-19 Vaccines Authorized for Emergency Use
March 03, 2021
Vaccines have been around for a long time, and while there aren’t any COVID-19 Vaccines fully approved by the FDA, there are currently three that have been issued clearance via an FDA Emergency Use Authorization. Below we have the facts on each of the three currently Authorized and Recommended Vaccines for COVID-19 Prevention from the CDC!
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- 2 shots given in the muscle of the upper arm, 21 days apart
- Emergency Use Authorization put in place on 12/11/2020
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- 2 shots given in the muscle of the upper arm, 1 month (28 days) apart
- Emergency Use Authorization put in place on 12/18/2020
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine
- Single dose shot given in the muscle of the upper arm
- Emergency Use Authorization put in place on 2/27/21
The CDC is also awaiting the results of Phase 3 Clinical Trials for two more vaccines from developers AstraZeneca and Novavax.
While our centers do not have the vaccines (yet), we are working on making them available to our patients. Please continue to monitor our website and social media for updates!
In the meantime, if you need care, our urgent cares are here to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer flu shots, flu tests, as well as COVID-19 testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!