Seasonal Allergies vs. COVID-19
April 29, 2020
While people have been avoiding each other due to the presence of COVID-19, nature continues to do what it does best: keep going. Unfortunately, the symptoms of allergies can be scarier than usual as fear of COVID-19 persists. Are your sniffles pollen related? Or are they the onset of something more dangerous? There are a few key differences that could help alleviate your anxiety in the interim between the onset of symptoms and a visit to a care provider for advice on how to get better.
- Symptoms present immediately and worsen during prolonged exposure to allergens but clear up or begin to lessen when it’s removed
- Usually affects only the sinus areas in terms of congestion and itchy eyes and itchy throat
- Improves with over-the-counter antihistamines
- Symptoms develops 2-14 days after virus
- Fever, cough, congestions and chills that do not change or improve when common allergens are removed
- Congestion and shortness of breath applies to more than the sinus passage areas and can be felt in the chest
Temporarily, ChoiceOne Urgent Cares have reduced hours and are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
If you have an illness, injury, or other health concern, remember our associates are happy to help! To book a Telemedicine visit click here. If you need to be seen in center, you can save your spot in line here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!