Thanksgiving has always been a great opportunity for families and loved ones to get together and share quality time and food with one another. Although COVID-19 cases are continuing to generally decline, it’s still important to practice safe measures when coming together for the holiday. By working together, we can enjoy safer holidays and protect our own health as well as the health of our family and friends. Here are some tips that will help you prioritize safety this Thanksgiving.
- Protect those not yet eligible for vaccination by getting yourself and other eligible people around them vaccinated.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- If you are in a public indoor setting and not fully vaccinated, wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
- Even those who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask in public indoor settings. Outdoors is safer than indoors.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, do not host or attend a gathering.
- If you are gathering with people from different households or different parts of the country, consider additional precautions (getting tested, avoiding crowded indoor spaces before travel, etc.) in advance of the gathering to minimize risk of exposure.
- People who are taking medications that weaken their immune system or have a condition may not be fully protected even if they are fully vaccinated. They should continue to take all precautions recommended for unvaccinated people, including wearing a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You may choose to wear a mask if a member of your household isn’t fully vaccinated, has a weakened immune system, or is at increased risk for severe disease.
- Do NOT put a mask on children younger than 2 years old.
All centers will be closed for Thanksgiving (11/25) and will resume normal hours Friday (11/26).
If you aren’t feeling well remember your local Health Choice is always happy to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! From 8am to 6pm we offer Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online for visits between 8am and 6pm by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!