During times of stress, like the COVID-19 outbreak, it’s easy to forget to take care of pre-existing conditions in favor of avoiding new illness. This week, the CDC’s Disease of the Week is asthma. Here is a portion of a list of reminders for managing the chronic condition:
- Be prepared: Have supplies like your inhaler ready for use and know how to use it correctly.
- Wash your hands: You should be doing this anyway but also to avoid triggers lingering on your hands.
- Practice social distancing: Avoid illnesses like COVID-19 and influenza, as well as in order to avoid the smell of heavy smoke or colognes.
- Use cleaning products that do not contain chemicals that trigger asthmatic episodes.
- Be aware of the state of your mental health as sometimes asthmatic episodes are triggered by strong emotions.
For more information, or to see the CDC’s web page on Asthma, click here. If you aren’t feeling well, our providers are happy to help. Temporarily, our adjusted centers hours are 8:00 am to 5:00pm every day of the week- no appointment necessary! You can also use our Save My Spot program here or our Telemedicine program here. If you need us, we look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!