When COVID-19 started to spread throughout the United States earlier this year, there were a lot of things that were unknown about the virus. Naturally, parents and caretakers were particularly concerned about how the virus might affect kids. Over time the CDC has tracked and identified some aspects of COVID-19 that parents and caretakers should keep in mind:
- Children usually have mild symptoms, or no symptoms at all of COVID-19.
- Most commonly, children experience a fever and cough that could look or sound like the common cold or allergies.
- Even if there are little to no signs of COVID-19, kids can still spread the virus to loved ones.
- Babies under 1 year, and children with underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, and immune deficiencies among other various chronic conditions, are more likely to have severe illness from COVID-19.
- Although fatalities are rare, it is still possible for an otherwise healthy child to have a severe reaction to COVID-19.
If you or the little ones in your life are in need of care, our centers are here to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer flu shots as well as flu and COVID-19 testing at all centers! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. For information on E-registering to save time click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!